Terms & Conditions for In-Home Plumbing Protection Plan
In-Home Plumbing Protection Plan
Terms and Conditions
replace your interior sewer system and interior water supply line system as stated in line items A and B below. The In-Home Plumbing Protection Plan provides up to $2,000 per claim year for the repair or replacement of interior leaking pipes or blocked interior drainage pipes. A $50.00 Per Call Service Charge applies.
- INTERIOR DRAINAGE AND WASTEWATER LINES: Repairs to blocked, broken or clogged interior drainage lines. Including all waste and drain lines from toilets, sinks, showers, and washing machines.
- INTERIOR HOT AND COLD PLUMBING SUPPLY LINES: Repairs to all interior hot and cold plumbing supply lines from and including the main house water valve up to and including the shut-off valve to each fixture.
- ADDITIONAL CUSTOMER 10% DISCOUNT: Our Contractors will provide a 10% discount for any repair not covered by this In-Home Plumbing Protection Plan offered by You’re Covered, LLC (YC).
- What is Not Covered: This Plan does not include: (a) Repairs to your interior plumbing lines damaged by you or a third party; (b) faucets, diverters, showerheads; (c) calls to increase water pressure; (d) installing a main sewer cleanout if there is no cleanout; (e) repairs or replacement to clogged, stopped, leaking or broken pressure reducing valves, backflow devices, water treatment equipment, booster pumps, grinder pumps, components or other equipment; (f) the opening, closing, removal or repair to internal or external walls, ceilings, floors, or cabinets to expose any type of piping for a repair; (g) fixtures and appliances, including appliance fill lines for freezers, refrigerators, dishwashers, coffee makers, etc.; (h) running toilet bowls, tanks or inside tank flush and fill mechanisms; (i) replacing toilet wax seals; (j) all heating, ventilating and air-conditioning components, including furnaces, hot water tanks or heaters, baseboard heating, radiators, condensers; mini-split systems; (k) the thawing of a frozen interior water or sewer service line; (l) upgrading or relocation of plumbing to comply with any utility, local or state regulations; (m) any backups caused by heavy rains, flooding, or raw sewage backup from your sewer line or municipal sewer or water system; (n) house traps; (o) environmental cleanup or remediation due to raw sewage, flooding, mold, or mildew; (p) sewer odors emitting from sewer line or drains; (q) external faucets, hose bibs; (r) upgrading any interior piping due to remolding, new construction, or additions; (s) any repair of replacement costs that exceed your protection limit; (t) any other service, equipment, or parts not specifically listed for this Plan; (u) any unusual circumstances including hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, aftershocks, tornadoes, civil disobedience, or war; (v) any personal property; (w) any hazardous waste testing, mitigation and/or removal; or (x) any environmental issues.
- This Plan is secondary to any claims covered by any other insurance policy such as a homeowner’s insurance policy or a Master Insurance Policy in the case of a Common Interest Community.
Plan Eligibility: Your In-Home Plumbing Protection Plan is available to all residential customers in YC service territories located in CT, MA, and RI. The property type must be a one through eight family dwelling, a townhouse, or a condominium unit. For multi-family dwellings an individual In-Home Plumbing Protection Plan must be purchased for each separate apartment or unit. Commercial, seasonal or vacant properties do not qualify. YC reserves the right to cancel or change Plan requirements or pricing at its sole discretion.
Your Responsibility to Report a Plumbing Service Emergency: You as the homeowner are responsible for reporting a problem to 1-888-525-4505. If in the sole discretion of YC or any of its employees, or agents a plumbing problem is causing any type of hazardous or dangerous condition, you are responsible for securing and making the area safe until repairs can be made.
Termination: YC reserves the right to terminate the Plan to your premise if there are unsafe or unsanitary conditions that you refuse to address and remedy in a timely manner, if the property otherwise does not qualify, or if access to property is denied to YC or its contractors. If Plan is terminated for any of the above reasons, YC will provide a refund for the month in which the Plan is terminated. If the Plan is terminated due to non-payment, no refund shall be provided.
Response Time: YC or its contractor will respond promptly by phone to coordinate and set up a repair schedule. Most work will be completed within 4 to 48 hours depending upon customer availability to be at home, workload, severity of problem, and weather conditions. All repair work under the Plan must be performed by YC or its authorized contractor to make repairs covered under the Plan. YC will not pay for any third-party contractor you hire or authorize to make repairs. All material and work are guaranteed for one year from date of repair.
DAMAGES: YOU’RE COVERED, LLC AND ITS AGENTS WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR PERSON OR PROPERTY UNLESS SUCH DAMAGE IS DIRECTLY AND SOLELY CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OF YOU’RE COVERED, LLC OR ITS AGENTS. IN NO EVENT WILL YOU’RE COVERED, LLC BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY WATER DAMAGE, RAW SEWAGE, OR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES TO THE INSIDE OR OUTSIDE OF YOUR PREMISES, TO PERSONAL PROPERTY, OR ANY OTHER PROPERTY DUE TO YOUR IN-HOME PLUMBING SYSTEM.
Enrollment: Your In-Home Plumbing Protection Plan enrollment will start 30 days after your payment is received. Your $2,000 Plan limit year start date will commence upon the receipt of first notice of your initial and first claim and will expire 12 months from that original claim date. Whereupon, a new $2,000 Plan limit year start date will commence. The payment method is monthly, and your monthly billing for each month will be an electronic payment and will be withdrawn from your account and payment method you initially selected and will be withdrawn between the 1st and 15th of each month and payment will be for the next month of protection. YC reserves the right to make an on-site inspection of your interior plumbing and drainage lines before accepting any responsibility under the Plan. We will not make any type of repair or replacement to any pre-existing plumbing problems such as blockages, clogs, broken or leaking plumbing pipe as identified prior to Plan start date. Within 30 days of receiving your first payment, if a pre-existing plumbing problem is identified, or if coverage is denied for any reason, a full refund will be sent to you.
Renewals: Per your approval and agreement, your In-Home Plumbing Protection Plan renewal will be automatically and electronically renewed every month unless you notify us to discontinue your Plan, you fail to make your monthly payment, or YC notifies you that it has terminated your Plan. To discontinue your Plan, notify YC by email at: email@example.com or in writing to: You’re Covered, LLC at P.O. Box 259, Watertown CT, 06795
Cancellation by Customer: You may cancel your In-Home Plumbing Protection Plan new enrollment within 30 days of your original enrollment date for a full refund by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to: You’re Covered, LLC at P.O. Box 259, Watertown CT, 06795. Once services are rendered, we will warrant Plan for 12 months and extend your Plan for 12 months. If you terminate this Plan or fail to pay your monthly fee your warranty shall terminate immediately. If YC terminates your Plan for any reason other than non-payment, your warranty shall remain in effect.
Cancellations by You’re Covered LLC: Your Plan will be cancelled if you fail to make your scheduled monthly renewal payment prior to your next payment date. If you move, your Plan will be cancelled. The Plan is not transferable to new owners, third parties or to another premise. YC reserves the right to cancel or change Plan requirements or pricing at its sole discretion. This is a monthly Plan and you may cancel at any time.